What is a website shortcut?
How To Create A Website Shortcut On Your Desktop
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO CREATE A SHORTCUT TO A WEBSITE
The following steps will guide you through the process of creating a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE).
1) Resize your Web browser so you can see the browser and your desktop in the same screen.
2) Left click the icon located to the left side of the address bar. This is where you see the full URL to the website.
3) Continue to hold down the mouse button and drag the icon to your desktop. This creates the shortcut.
After creating the shortcut you can right-click on the icon and select Rename to edit the text description.
Add Website to Mobile Device Home Screen
iPad or iPhone
- Launch “Safari” app. This does not work from the “Chrome” app.
- Enter into the address field the URL of the website you want to create a shortcut to. Tap “Go.”
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
- Enter the name for the shortcut using the on-screen keyboard and tap “Add.” Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPad’s desktop.
- Launch “Chrome” app.
- Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.